Tuesday 23 June 2020

Episode 2 of the Story of Otelabi

12:24


Finally, the king broke the silence and suspense. King: I'm in love with…..( He stood up, paused for a while, then sat again. )

King: I'm in love with Otelabi

Immediately, the king voiced his mind, there was a momentary silence in the palace. Nobody talked for a while. After a while Balogun spoke.

Balogun ( bowing low): Your royal majesty, what did you see in Otelabi. Otelabi is our enemy and this you know. Out of the beautiful damsels in this village you didn't see anyone to choose. My king, I have 2 virgins girls that has good characters as everyone in the village know. Iyalode first daughter is the most pretty lady in this village. My king why did you love your enemy…?

Lisa( Interrupted in a soft anger): King Adeife, is Otelabi not the woman we are all planning to defeat? My king I can't believe you're saying this. You want to make our enemy to be a queen, you know too well that we will be giving the same honour to the queen as we give to you. Why will you make our enemy rule over us?

The other chiefs were also voicing their opinions while the king kept quiet. Finally Iyalode's response drew the attention of the king

Iyalode: I'm very surprised with the king's decision. But we all have been with king Adeife for decades now and we have never see him make any foolish decision. This is not the first time our king will make strange decision, but you will bear me witness at the end of the day, his decision are always the best.

Eesa interrupted: I could remember the day he asked us all to stay indoor that an evil will happen. We obeyed and some few people that disobeyed died the before the next day.

All the chiefs nodded in agreement.

Iyalode: O king, can you explain to us what you see in our enemy that you want to make her your queen.

This time all the chiefs were looking directly towards the king in anticipation to his response.

They all chorused in unison: Please tell us what you see in Otelabi?
The king looked at them keenly, then cleared his throat.

King Adeife: I'm sorry to disappoint all of you. I'm not seeing Otelabi the way you are seeing her. Everyone see her as a terrorist, but I see her as a potential peace maker, she is seen as a bad person, but I'm seeing her becoming a meek person. As you will all agree with me, Otelabi was not born as a terrorist, she was a good girl who respects everyone in the palace and in the village. You are all aware how my enemy, Oluwo one of my former chiefs deceived her and make her a rebel against me. You will remember how Oluwo, Apena and other former chiefs plotted against me to overthrone me from the  throne.
Lisa: We could remember oh King, it was Balogun and other warrior that you gave the command to evict Oluwo and his cohorts from the palace:
King Adeife continued: Thanks for the remembrance. You know how Oluwo became jealous of the mercy, grace and love I showed to Otelabi. You all knew how Oluwo deceived Otelabi, turn her to another woman and make her a rebel.

All the chiefs nodded in agreement

King Adeife: I love Otelabi, I must marry her but She must be delivered from the deceit of Oluwo and let her come back to her senses first.

Balogun: We are here to support, just tell us whatever you want and we'll back you.

Iyalode: I suggest the king send his guards to tell Otelabi that the king is in love with her and would like to make her the queen of the Kingdom. I'm sure no woman in her right senses will not want to marry a king.

King Adeife: That's what's on my mind too. Balogun, arrange the men and let them go with the staff of authority.

Lisa: I'm sure she will become sober and feel so humbled when the guards arrives her house to tell her that the king want to marry her.

Iyalode: Balogun, go and prepare the men and let them carry out the assignments as soon as possible.  I will also suggest the king give the guards some gifts to present to her. I think that will motivate her too.

King Adeife: Iyalode, thanks for your advice, your brain will not seize.

Iyalode: Amen, thank you my king.

King Adeife:  Balogun, while we will be adjourning this meeting, go and prepare the men, with the gifts, and let them dress in their best attires. They should go with dancing and singing to the house of Otelabi. The first thing tomorrow, they should go and tell of my love to Otelabi. I hereby bring this meeting to an end

All the chiefs postrated and greeted the king and they all went to their various houses while Balogun prepared for the next day

What happened in Otelabi house when the guards arrived?

To be continued in Episode 3

Written by

A God chosen servant called for our generation to unveil the Truth - Jesus, His works, His ministries, His grace, passion and revelations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2015 UNVEILING JESUS. All rights resevered. Template by Templateism

Back To Top