Tuesday 23 June 2020

Episode 4 of the Story of Otelabi

12:28


Otelabi left the room to see her visitors.

When Balogun saw Otelabi coming, he stood up, and the guards stood with him. They bow and greeted Otelabi as they would greet a queen.

"We have a message from the King." Balogun said
"I already know what you came here for" said Otelabi
Balogun: I don't think you know. Our king is….
Otelabi interrupted: Your king is in love with me right? Tell your king I'm not interested in any marriage with him.
By this time, Balogun and the guards were surprised that Otelabi had already knew the message they came with.

Balogun (stammering: It's true that that's what we came for. But how come you knew this?

Otedola: You should know I'm a powerful woman and I have Oluwo at my back.

Balogun: Well, the deed has been done, what has happened has happened. But I want you to know that king Adeife is in love with you and he's ready to do anything to get you. Here are the gifts the king asked us to give you( he asked the guards to come with the gifts).

Otelabi: ( in her heart: wow, these are the exact things I've been looking to get, but I must not receive this gift else I'll be binded to the king) To hell with your gifts, I'm not interested in your gifts (she spoke aggressively)

Balogun: Well, no problem, if you reject the king's gifts, as you know that nobody returns gifts to the king and it's useless for us too. We will drop it here and you decide to do anything with it.

Otelabi: Whatever! Just leave my house right now,I don't want to see you here again. If you dare me you will regret the day you were born.

Balogun: We are already taking our leave. Men, let's leave.

Balogun and the guards became sad and sorrowful. They gently left the place leaving their gifts behind.

Otelabi: Don't ever in your life come here again. You stupid and senseless idiots.

Otelabi called some of her guards and instructs them they see that they the king's messenger leaves her empire.

Otelabi instructs one of her maids to take the gift inside.
Why must is it be the exact thing I needed this king brought. This is very tempting. Should  I take this gifts for myself or destroy it.
But I don't have to destroy something I needed badly, when I'm not insane. I will have it for myself, Otelabi was speaking alone to herself.

"You can't have it for yourself, it's not yours"
Otedola heard a voice from her back and when she turned back. It was Oluwo.

Oluwo: You can't have this things for yourself because you will be attached to the king if you should take them.

Otelabi: But you know this what I've been looking for all these while. The last time I came to you about it, you said I should come back, you're working on it. You have being promising me and not fulfilling it.  what I'm thinking going to look for in a faraway town is already in my pocket. Oluwo, have mercy on me.

Oluwo: All those you're saying are stories for the gods. What I know  is that these gifts are not meant for you. For your information, I'm taking it with me to my house. My boys need it

Otelabi: Please don't do this to me, this is not fair.
Oluwo: I'm only trying to safeguard you, I don't want you to be attached to the king.

Oluwo forcefully took the gifts from Otelabi.
He disappeared and Otelabi started crying

In a very sorrowful mood, the king messengers got to the palace. They asked one of the king's guards to call the king.

In the king's room, the king was already weeping. So, the guard came to his room and knocked

King Adeife: Who's that?
The guard: It's me, labilu, one of your guards.
King Adeife: anything, the matter?
Labilu: Balogun and his company are back from the trip.
King Adeife: Tell them I'm coming.
King Adeife comported himself, left his room to the palace.

"Kabiyesi ooo" they all chorused to welcome the king to the palace. Balogun noticed the sad face of the king.

Balogun: We are just arriving from Otelabi house and we are here to give you the report. My king, the place was bad,…..

King Adeife: Balogun, don't talk too much, I already knew what happened. I saw how Oluwo my archenemy deceived Otelabi according to my dream. Immediately, I saw she was deceived I turned myself to one of her maids to encourage her. She heard the advice but there was a tug of war in her mind either to choose Oluwo advice or the maid's advice. Finally, she took her own decisions and refused my love for her.

Balogun: So, you mean your eyes were following us throughout the journey and you even went ahead of us?

King: You forgot the gifts you were to present to Otelabi and while you were discussing how to go back and take the gift from the palace, one of the Oluwo's servants overhead you and quickly reported to Oluwo, that's was why her mind was poisoned before you arrived. It was Oluwo who deceived Otelabi.

Balogun: That's very true because we met Oluwo on our way while going, I mean the same spot we waited for the guard that went back to the palace to retrieve the gifts.

Balogun: What shall we do now?

Adeife: I love Otelabi, you must go back to her  another time

Balogun: She said we shouldn't come again Sir. She promised to disgrace us if we should try to get back to her.

Adeife: Oluwo doesn't have any good intentions for Otelabi. I will not open my eyes and allow her to perish like that.

Balogun: My king, you have been there for us in our trouble days, we will support you till you have victory on this issue.

King Adeife: Thank you my king. Send for the other chiefs that there will be an emergency meeting tomorrow by 12PM so that we can discuss the way forward.

What will king Adeife do next? Check out in episode 5

Written by

A God chosen servant called for our generation to unveil the Truth - Jesus, His works, His ministries, His grace, passion and revelations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2015 UNVEILING JESUS. All rights resevered. Template by Templateism

Back To Top