Thursday 30 April 2020

You're Pridefu!

06:38

I've been noticing you all these while, and I must tell you the truth today. You're Prideful! I've seen that you like to be respected, and you don't regard the people that don't respect you. You don't take nonsense and you classify yourself from people who disrespect you, you prove to them that you're not their mate. You love to be cherished but you don't cherish others. When someone insults you, you can't hold it, you will always want to prove a point. Nobody can ride you, you can't be cheated. Even the works you do for God, you sometimes do it so that you can be noticed, you're moved by the praises and accolades of people. My dear, don't you know all these are prideful?

Virtually, almost every born again Christian has one pride or the other in their lives, this includes me. Pride is sometimes so silent that you won't know you have it until someone confronts you that you're prideful and most times you will hate the people that tell you that you're prideful. When the Lord was inspiring me to write this article, I begin to look back at my life. When the Light of God showed me my prideful state, I was only begging for His humility Spirit. Just because I feel I'm older than someone and the person disrespects me, I wouldn't flow with the person again. I love to be respected, but giving respect back is difficult. Well, if you're familiar with me, you will say, I'm a complete gentleman, well, that's who I am, but the fact that I am still not totally conformed to the image of Christ is a big problem. Many of us exhibit artificial humility which does not come from Christ. We show humility facially but inside we are proud. Every Christian who has not to experience death will exhibit one or more types of pride. Death? Yes, not physical death though, this is the death with Christ, total surrender to Christ. Crucified with Christ! That's is the death I'm talking about, earlier this month, I wrote about about this death ( read here:  https://bit.ly/34V3Qle) I also wrote about it in an open letter to my future wife. Read the letter here
https://bit.ly/3cwrlDH

Jesus Christ the Creator of the universe came to the world, humbled Himself, was insulted, beaten, and killed. He didn't even open His mouth to defend Himself, He could have called ten thousands of angels to destroy the world but He died alone for you and me.

Philippians 2: 3-11
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves

 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

8 In your relationship with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature[b] of a servant, being made in human likeness.

8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.


My friend, you have promised not to associate yourself with that person because he disrespected you, because he cheated you, my friend what would Jesus do if He is the one in your shoe? We must take the issue of humility seriously else we miss it on the last day.
Jeremiah 50:31
“Behold, I am against you, O arrogant one,”
Declares the Lord God of hosts,
“For your day has come,
The time when I will punish you.
No prideful person can inherit the Kingdom of God! 

Luke 14: 11: For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

Proverbs 22:4: The reward for humility and fear of the Lord is riches and honor and life.

1 Peter 5:6: Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you...

Jeremiah 9:23: Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches

I know one of our senior pastor who is above 70 years but he respects even a little boy. I don't know where he got his humility from, but I
 he has experienced death and this death took away his self.

*Galatians 2:20 
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Luke 9:23 
And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

Humility is one of the greatest assets you need to have before you can make Heaven.

Ephesians 4:2, NIV: "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."

 Ephesians 4:2, NLT: "Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love

Humility is the mother of love. Love, humility, and other attributes we will be discussing later are the fundamental weapons for the end-time revival. The Lord is raising young men and women that will revive the world but He wants to strip them of self-pride so that all glory can belong to Him.

If you read this article this far. Say this prayer:
Oh Lord give me the spirit of humility 
God bless you! Shalom!

Love from Emmanuel, Abiodun Gbadamosi

Written by

A God chosen servant called for our generation to unveil the Truth - Jesus, His works, His ministries, His grace, passion and revelations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2015 UNVEILING JESUS. All rights resevered. Template by Templateism

Back To Top