Wednesday 8 November 2017

REPENTANCE IS ESSENTIAL

10:47

If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways,
then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out,
No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.
“But if a wicked person turns away from all his sins that he has committed and keeps all my statutes and does what is
just and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die. None of the transgressions that he has committed shall be
remembered against him; for the righteousness that he has done he shall live. 

Have I any pleasure in the death of the
wicked, declares the Lord God, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live?
The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent,
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any
should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy.
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.
 Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you...

Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and
remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.

And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your
sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
As it is, I rejoice, not because you were grieved, but because you were grieved into repenting. For you felt a godly grief,
so that you suffered no loss through us. For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret,
whereas worldly grief produces death. For see what earnestness this godly grief has produced in you, but also what
eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what longing, what zeal, what punishment! At every point
you have proved yourselves innocent in the matter.

Repent, therefore, of this wickedness of yours, and pray to the Lord that, if possible, the intent of your heart may be
forgiven you.
“Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by
himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax
collector.. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up
his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his
house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself
will be exalted.”

And saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.
And rend your hearts and not your garments.” Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger,
and abounding in steadfast love; and he relents over disaster.
I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you.
I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek your servant, for I do not forget your commandments.
“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let
the bones that you have broken rejoice. Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean
heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from
me. ...

No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.”
I confess my iniquity; I am sorry for my sin.
This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the
light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just
to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. ....

And if that nation, concerning which I have spoken, turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I intended to do to it.
From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,
I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.”

Again, though I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ yet if he turns from his sin and does what is just and right, if the wicked restores the pledge, gives back what he has taken by robbery, and walks in the statutes of life, not doing injustice, he shall surely live; he shall not die. None of the sins that he has committed shall be remembered against him.

He has done what is just and right; he shall surely live. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Go and learn what this means, ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”
Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
When God saw what they did, how they turned from their evil way, God relented of the disaster that he had said he would
do to them, and he did not do it.
Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is
meant to lead you to repentance?
Testifying both to Jews and to Greeks of repentance toward God and of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
“Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.
Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and
you will not know at what hour I will come against you.
And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell,
to the unquenchable fire. And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than with two
feet to be thrown into hell. And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God
with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’
“Yet even now,” declares the Lord, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning;
It may be they will listen, and every one turn from his evil way, that I may relent of the disaster that I intend to do to
them because of their evil deeds.

 Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin! For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever
before me.

 Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. ...

And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons
who need no repentance.
For you know that afterward, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no chance to repent,
though he sought it with tears.
We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the
glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. Correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth,
For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.
And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, he said to them, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself
and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake
and the gospel's will save it. 

For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul? For what can a man give in return for his soul? For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation,
of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal
life.
Bear fruit in keeping with repentance.

Written by

A God chosen servant called for our generation to unveil the Truth - Jesus, His works, His ministries, His grace, passion and revelations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2015 UNVEILING JESUS. All rights resevered. Template by Templateism

Back To Top